Health Insurances Accepted
Insurance and Financial Policies
Dr. Mimi is a participating provider with:
- Carefirst/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Aetna Insurance
Most insurance companies not listed here offer “out of network” benefits. We are happy to accept assignment and file all claims for you for those companies that will work with us. For those that will not, we will provide an itemized receipt for you to submit for reimbursement.
- Please remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company.
- Patients are responsible for paying any deductibles and/or copayments, which will vary from policy to policy.
- Some insurers limit the number of visits or have calendar-year maximums. It is your responsibility to know these limits; any amount not covered by insurance will be considered an out-of-pocket expense.
- We will attempt to accurately estimate your copayments. However, if there is a balance remaining, you will be billed for this difference. If there is a credit, you will be reimbursed or your account credited.
Automobile Accident Injuries
We will gladly work with your auto insurance company. As Maryland is a “no fault” state, medical bills incurred by you will be paid by your policy, regardless of whose fault the accident was. Your insurance company will, if necessary, get reimbursed by the other driver’s insurer.